On 11/18/2014 4:18 AM, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dl...@gmail.com>" wrote:
Never blame the tool for bad management.

To bring up the aviation industry again, they long ago recognized that "blame the pilot" and "blame the mechanics" is not how safe airplanes are made. They are made, in part, by fixing the tools so mistakes cannot happen, as even the best humans keep making mistakes.

C is a mistake-prone tool, and suggesting that programmers get better educated about how to use it does not work.

As I showed, a great deal of C's propensity for buffer overflows can be eliminated by a TRIVIAL change to the language, one that is fully backwards compatible, and takes NOTHING away from C's power. I've brought this up in conference presentations more than once, and the blank silence I get from C programmers just baffles me.

Blaming the tools is often appropriate.