28-Nov-2014 00:39, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d пишет:
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 11:30:49PM +0200, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 23:17:34 +0300
Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

Okay, so I'm prepping up a SCons build of Phobos. It comes along
rather nicely, I've replicated most of posix.mak paraphernalia in
~150 LOC that does work for both Windows and Linux, the rest of
POSIX to follow shortly.
[...]
does this mean that 'make' will be eventually dropped? oh, noes...

One idea I had, which is easily done in SCons, is to auto-generate
makefiles for each platform. On the dev box, run scons with a particular
virtual target, say `scons genmake` or something like that, and it will
iterate over each supported platform and spit out a makefile using the
dependency tree it already knows. The generated makefile will be a list
of hard-coded rules for building stuff, with no macros and what-not, so
it will Just Work, but not do much more than that. These generated
makefiles can then be shipped as part of the source distribution, but
they need not (and probably should not!) be in the git tree.

Like this idea. Will see once I'm able to reproduce all build targets.

--
Dmitry Olshansky