On 12/8/14 10:45 AM, "Marc =?UTF-8?B?U2Now7x0eiI=?= <schue...@gmx.net>" wrote:
On Monday, 8 December 2014 at 15:12:51 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I think you should eliminate scope returns then. They are not useful.
I can't think of a single reason why a newly allocated via GC or
global reference return should have to be restricted to exist only
within the statement. Both have infinite lifetimes.

It's for references to objects that are owned by the function (or object
of which the function is a method). These don't have infinite lifetimes.

Why not? An object is allocated on the heap, and has infinite lifetime.

-Steve