On 12/11/2014 10:04 PM, Dicebot wrote:
On Thursday, 11 December 2014 at 08:30:55 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/10/2014 10:43 PM, Dicebot wrote:
On Thursday, 11 December 2014 at 03:30:07 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
If you want data to 'escape' from r.front, then it shouldn't be marked as
scope. Definitely, using scope successfully will require some rethinking of
how code is written.

Allowing or prohibiting escaping of r.front in that example depends on
definition of mapped range. There is nothing to "rethink" about it - case is
almost identical to const+inout.

One reason why with templates, they'll do scope inference.

So the answer really is "current proposal does not support it"? Well this alone
seems limiting enough for me to kills the whole DIP. "Use templates everywhere"
is not really an answer, we could as well just prohibit separate compilation
without .di files and enjoy full source availability as inherent requirement.

When you're relying on the definition of an argument, it is inherently a
template.