On 12/17/2014 12:03 PM, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
yes. but with good design the mmaped binary file can be used as data
structure. and we can avoid lookaheads that current textual parser do,
as we already got AST built for us. just drop the idea that binary file
must be small (in a sense of "squeezing bytes by clever integer
encoding" and such) and portable, and think about "how can we use this
mmaped?" with very good design we can also generate readers and writers
almost automatically from AST definitions.

As I replied to Ola, I've been there and done that. I know the ground. It isn't worth it.