On 19/12/2014 10:22 a.m., Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On 18/12/14 14:07, Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d wrote:
I'm in agreement that we need to start freezing the language.
E.g. in the next 6 months we will get x done. And no new features
other then
those chosen will be added.

IMHO, it's important to demarcate well what is considered "done", but
also to enthusiastically embrace breaking changes that improve the
performance and reliability of the language.

Well-defined and well-kept promises for what is stable, what is in
development, and what is in the roadmap, matter more than just freezing
things.  The fact that "problem X will never be fixed because of
backwards compatibility" can be just as demotivating to uptake (if not
more so) than "feature Y may change in the next release".