On Wednesday, 24 December 2014 at 11:24:26 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Wednesday, 24 December 2014 at 10:32:33 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:

I want immutable by default, everywhere... Yes.

"sanity by default" should be the mantra. well, read "safety" instead of "sanity"...

I like the concept of a "safe C++, but with the same power". Yes, we talk about D here and D is more than that. But let's not neglect this.

C++ is important. Go expected C++ programmers to come, they received only python & co. programmers. People form the C++ world need something better. But they won't trade C++ for anything less than C++, even if the niche where D would fall behind C++ would be very narrow. In this case, even "very" == "too little".