On 12/29/14 2:58 AM, John Colvin wrote:
On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 04:13:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
There is a rub though. Not only you're telling what we'd need to do to
be more successful, you're also telling us how to do it. Please don't.
We are not adding type qualifiers to D if we can avoid it, and
generally we want to achieve what we need to achieve with minimum
aggravation. Instead please focus on what you're trying to accomplish,
not on whether an artifact is a type qualifier or a storage class.
Thanks.

Andrei

But (one of) his point(s) is that the choice between type qualifier and
storage class directly impacts his work. Why shouldn't a user express
such a point?

Making that point is fine so long as the costs are discussed alongside with the applicability to one particular task. -- Andrei