On 12/29/2014 12:04 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2014-12-29 20:48, Walter Bright wrote:

I don't care much for hybrids, they are confusing and ugly.

Markdown already support raw HTML.

I know. That's what's wrong with it. It is severely underpowered, and so uses a wretched hybrid approach like C uses a preprocessor because it is underpowered.

We could use Markdown but with Ddoc macros
instead of raw HTML.

BTW, Ddoc macros are really ugly.

In reddit, is it [link](description) or [description](link) or (link)[description] or (description)[link]? I have to read the dam help file every time. No, I can't remember what it is for which Markdown flavor, either.

BTW, using macros have cut my web page writing time by about 75%. It's also a joy to just change the macro definitions and voila! the whole web site fixes itself.