"Manu via Digitalmars-d" wrote in message news:mailman.3785.1419919315.9932.digitalmar...@puremagic.com...

I guess the reason is that A is not really a thing; it is translated
to S!int when being given to T?
Is that the point where "world" is lost?

Yes.  "world" is still there, but you can't actually get the symbol A.

I'm not really sure how I can achieve what I want here... I need to
attribute particular instantiations of a template struct as shown.

Why does it have to be UDAs? You can easily put the 'attributes' inside S or define a template for getting the attributes from an arbitrary S.

Something like:
enum myAttributes(T : S!int) = TypeTuple!("world");
enum myAttributes(T : S!U, U) = TypeTuple!();