TL;DR: I think it would be good to have a strong community guideline that people are not to be criticized or treated badly for having requests or suggestions, even if they are not willing to implement
them themselves.  The quid pro quo is that it's necessary to be
(calmly) candid with people about the limits of _only_ contributing
ideas or requests: "You can ask but not demand".

What would be an appropriate place to put this?

Andrei

Any kind of main place, for example first page of dlang.org, but not alone.
I have suggestion in my mind for a month at least:
For D's community is good to formulate something like principles or axiomata. (Because as I see, many discussion goes round and round about similar things).

One of those principle may sound like this for example:

__D is safe by default and fast when need.__

(This about general design of D, for example about garbage collection). Main page has something like this but in descriptive not rule-provided form. After formulating such maxima many discussion calming itself, because part of ideas will follow global goals and another contradict.

In my view such principles have to cover following aspects: design of D (about safety, speed, multiparadigmality, glitchness, smoothness and so on), evolution of D (in such cases breaking change is allowed and about deepness of breakage, phobos and its topics coverage and so on) and community cooperation (yes, it is suggested by Joseph Rushton Wakeling community guidline).

IMO discussion about such axiomata (when comunity interesting in) need own topic.