On 02/01/15 22:40, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Friday, 2 January 2015 at 21:23:52 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
Er, I believe I posted an example of just that :-)

error stray paren :) Uh oh, another one!

It actually is kinda a pity to me that it is such a common character.

/**
  You know the worst thing?  I can't use emoticons
  in my ddoc ;-)

  This makes me very sad, and I can't even express
  my sadness without generating another warning. :-(

  Although I can, speaking tongue in cheek, see how some
  people might consider that a bonus. :-P
 */

Imagine if macros were: ¤“name ‗ argument ‗ arg2”!

But I don't suppose we can ask people to map hotkeys to conveniently write the
docs either :(

Seriously: how feasible could it be to address the issue by delineating the start and end of macros by a _pair_ of characters, reducing the chance of ambiguity?

    $(NEW_MACRO this would be the new macro system)$