On Monday, 5 January 2015 at 10:21:12 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
On Monday, 5 January 2015 at 09:51:22 UTC, Suliman wrote:
What is kill future of Nim?

D is successor of C++, but Nim? Successor of Python?

I'm not sure if you're being serious, but I'd say yes. The space where I see Nim being successful is mostly occupied by Python and Go. That it can compete with D in some systems programming, or for games, is nice, but games are dominated by C++ and I don't see how any new language displaces it in the near future. That doesn't mean that the OP shouldn't experiment though.

With some effort in the scientific space, I believe that Nim could compete with MATLAB/R/Julia, but currently the libraries just don't exist. But the language would appeal to scientific programmers I think, more so than would D.

A C++ successor is any language that earns its place in a OS vendors SDK as the OS official supported language for all OS layers.

I think a C++ successor is a language that 'enough' people would choose where before they'd have chosen C++. Java has already cleared that bar.