On Friday, January 16, 2015 13:41:24 Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> Please help us work the kinks out! Walter will be proceeding with the
> opt-in implementation for quicker pipelining.
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP25

I would point out that the "Deduction" section has code that won't even
compile, because it uses auto ref on a non-templated function:

auto ref T identity(auto ref T) {
    return x; // correct, no need for return
}

I assume that that should be something more like

auto ref T identity(T)(auto ref T) {
    return x; // correct, no need for return
}

Or am I misunderstanding the intent of the example? I can certainly fix the
page myself, but I don't want to change it in an incorrect manner, and it's
not my DIP.

In any case, while I haven't been as active on the newsgroup lately as I'd
like and missed all of the previous discussions on this, the DIP doesn't
seem like a bad solution. I am a bit surprised though that you agreed to it
given that in previous discussions you seemed opposed to adding any more
attributes for parameters. It does make for a fairly straightforward
solution though.

- Jonathan M Davis