On Monday, 19 January 2015 at 14:48:32 UTC, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Has anyone been in contact with Debian and Fedora packagers to see if using Dub as a build system is acceptable to them for packaging? I know Debian folk still prefer Autotools, but accept Make or SCons (but
definitely not Waf).

My suspicion is that Debian will deem it not acceptable, but this is just suspicion, based on the problems they have with Gradle and Maven.

I am asking as I am thinking of rewriting a C++/Autotools/SCons/GTK application in D/GtkD and need to know whether to use SCons or Dub as
the primary build driver.

I remember dub had plans on having a makefile generator for such situations, did anything ever come out of this?