On Monday, 26 January 2015 at 23:50:12 UTC, Zach the Mystic wrote:
Yes it *is* another debate. Now you can't add attributes at the beginning:

// no can do anymore
nogc pure myUda
retType funcName() {

// must do this instead
retType funcName() nogc pure myUdal {
}

You're suggesting canceling a whole style of labeling a function, aren't you? It's a big change. I wouldn't accept it unless it demonstrated a clear advantage. In fact, maybe it *can* demonstrate such, having all D functions be uniform in how their attributes are written, but you'll need a whole new thread and a DIP, and personally I don't see this carrying its weight.

Also, aren't attribute blocks made impossible by this?:

nogc:

auto myFunc() { ... }
auto myOtherFunc() { ... }