On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 20:11:32 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
Maybe this is a weak proposal but I don't know how to realize that unless I ask the people who oppose it to explain themselves.
 How else will I learn?

I also think arguing is a very good way to learn too - but please don't forget that Walter time is extremely precious and if understanding has not been achieved quickly enough it may be better to drop the discussion for a while. Later more data may appear, context may change, Walter opinion may change (that happens!) and another small iteration will yield much more productive results.