On 2015-02-03 at 18:53, captaindet wrote:
i am a simple user writing mostly programs to crunch my scientific data. i'd
like to move my C code to D. but i deal with GBs of data that i have to sieve
through many times. in C, i have lots of repeating integer stunts in the inner
loop that must be inlined. i used macros for this. if i cannot mark small
helper function in the inner loop so that they are guaranteed to be inlined, i
am screwed. i would have to copy and paste lots of code, making the result
worse than the C code.

Or you'd have to use mixins as you would use C macros.
But that's bending over backwards compared to inlining.