On Thursday, 5 February 2015 at 22:04:04 UTC, Jeremy Powers wrote:
Snipped a bit, tl;dr is you should use dub.

I use it but with no success in the matter of the proposal.

How could you be sure that after long lonely work the proposal is worth
inclusion?

..

If it's worth inclusion in phobos, it will rise to the top.

I actually don't know how to comment that in regards to the DIP. I don't recall dedicated protects for particular modules.

Maybe I'm wrong but there is a big controversy and fragmentation e.g. in
database and gui domain.

Moving things towards phobos won't help with fragmentation, will just piss
those off who disagree.

Any example of existing Phobos modules (added recently)?

I like the idea of having a 'recommended' section in dub, for those things considered by the community to be good. I don't think anything should even think about phobos inclusion (even on-path-to-inclusion) until it has been used and abused enough.

I don't have nothing against. But IMO this won't solve the problem with standardization of functionality. From the perspective of usual user.

We have this nice package system for non-phobos stuff, should leverage it.

The functionality of dub is not related to the DIP. I tried to keep it as a separate topic.

Piotrek