On Friday, 6 February 2015 at 01:12:18 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 2/5/2015 4:13 PM, Dicebot wrote:
I know this definition. It have tried it in practice and concluded as being absolutely useless. There is no way I am going to return back to this broken concept - better to ignore @safe completely as misfeature if you insist on doing
things that way.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to convince you. I don't have any more arguments other than just repeating myself.

This is not about convincing but about showing the example yourself. My disagreement is not theoretical - I trust you to be much better in actual language design. But trusting alone won't make a difference if I have no idea how use it in practice (after trying and failing).

I am not even sure how you can show the example though, to be honest - implied issues are about maintaining code and not just writing it.

But D is a systems programming language, not a B&D language, and anyone will be free to ignore @safe and continue to use the other benefits of D, or use @safe in a way that conforms to their own formulation of best practices.

It always feel awkward to ignore what was supposed to be a major selling point for a language :(