On 2/6/15 4:36 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 12:17 -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On 2/4/15 10:31 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
(**) Yes you read that right, the Go team have switched from
Mercurial to Git. This is not because they were unhappy with
Mercurial, it is because they were unhappy with Rietveld and
switched to Gerrit for their changeset handing. The Go team do not
use pull requests at all, everything goes through a review
manager, now that is Gerrit. Mayhap D could follow the Go example?

Not sure what you're proposing. I am positive we are on git and not
on mercurial :o). -- Andrei

All I was was saying was that the Go team, along with other teams in
Google, feel the GitHub pull request infrastructure is not good enough
to enable the sort of review of changesets that leads to consistently
high quality code bases. The bit at the end was really asking whether
the issues getting codebase changesets reviewed in the D community
might be aided by going the same route.

I see. Not surprising - some teams at Facebook also prefer phabricator over github for reviews (others don't). I'm using both and phabricator is somewhat - but not dramatically - better.

As an leader of this community I must make quick decisions with little information at hand on whether something is an issue, and then be ready to actually act on it. My current assessment is that the github infrastructure is not among our bottlenecks for the time being. This assessment may change if a champion pushes the matter forward.