On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 18:37:42 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 13:54:12 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Monday, 9 February 2015 at 23:40:31 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
Someone is starting to see where I'm getting at when I'm pushing for owned...

I don't think this specific case is a good justification for your proposal - it is simple enough to accept a library based solution. We need more accumulated anecdotal evidence.

We do have. That is simply one more. On the top of my head:
 - Plug hole in the type system (implicit sharing).
- Use the guarantee the type system is supposed to provide to get a better GC.
 - Construction of immutable objects.
- make @nogc actually useful for something else than trivias (throw, defers usage of GC to the caller).
 - make std.concurency and std.parallelism safe end to end.
 - Be able to lock tree of objects.
 - Generating less garbage overall.
 - ...

Or we can add an easier hack for each of these. That is gonna scale well.