On Thursday, 12 February 2015 at 07:35:07 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
but that will pollute history of
meta-repo with dozens of trivial commits every day making it hard to use it for any real code (and also relying on well-being of that daemon
service).

Will there be much "real" code in the meta repository? Are you thinking about shared build scripts?

Yes, I'd like all build scripts and makefiles that work on multiple repos at time to be placed in meta repo to get rid of awkward "works if you follow convention" situation we have now. Also stuff from "installer" repo,

And when you do have the latest code, you will also have a "dirty"
working directory.

Is it a problem? Root working dir will be dirty, correct, but not working dirs for each of submodules.