On Saturday, 14 February 2015 at 10:25:52 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
make it stop using its own templating language and use the one we already use for everything else - HTML, PDF, Mobi, CHM - DDoc.
DDoc isn't a good tool to generate webpages. For the simple reason that a webpage needs to be dynamic, i.e. handle stuff that isn't known while generating documentation.

If I would run a D project that needed online documentation I would either have ddoc generate an intermediate structure or directly generate partial diet templates.

I just do not see why ddoc needs to general html pages. What about single responsibility?