On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 12:31:06 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
Sorry about the caps, couldn't find a better way to emphasis. Not sure where you found out the information about x86, or why it should matter.

I found an (apparently older) version of the documentation earlier that looked exactly the same, so I didn't mind to read your link carefully enough.

"The current collector is, by default, INCREMENTAL and GENERATIONAL. The interruptions of service should be very small, and the overall performance should be better than with the previous collectors."

Yes, however from your page now:

Now @M3novm is the default.

And if you follow the link:

@M3novm implies @M3noincremental and @M3nogenerational.

Maybe, that's an documentation error. This was the place where the other version
mentioned that x86 is not supported.

While I like that you constantly remind us about achievements of older programming languages, you'll often do it with a "that problem was solved in Language X 20 years ago"-attitude, but almost never elaborate how that solution could be applied to D. When taking a closer look, I often find that those languages solved an similar but different problem and the solution do not apply to D at all. For example the last time in the discussion on separate compilation, templates and object files you blamed the C tool chain and pointed to pascal/delphi. But they didn't solved the problem, because they didn't faced it in the first place, because they didn't had the template and meta-programming capabilities of D.

At the problem at hand: I don't see how Module3's distinction between system and default pointer types or the lessons they learned help in any way to improve the current D GC.