On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 19:53:54 UTC, Taylor Hillegeist wrote:
So, In languages like .net they have dll's that contain not only bytecode but also the necessary headers to make them usable in any .net language. I was curious if this kind of thing has ever been attempted for static libraries?

basically some type of universal header + static library = Everything Needed to use in project file.

of course they would be targeted for a certain platform but would be really easy to grab/use.

And if the header could be agreed upon any compiled language could use the library which would be a huge benefit.

Perhaps i'm incorrect in my assumptions. Let me know what you think about the idea?

IIRC, Pascal unit files work that way. No interface source file is required to use them.