On Sunday, 1 March 2015 at 15:53:07 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
On Sunday, 1 March 2015 at 15:28:56 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
However, AFAICS, it comes with a serious problem. Immutable objects are freely passable between threads, so surely an immutable RC object would need atomic counting just like a shared RC object, but unlike shared, immutable does not necessarily express the intent of sharing between threads; the immutable RC object could easily be counting atomically for nothing.

Argh! I didn't think about this. Any chance we can deprecate this behaviour? It's also an obstacle for the implementation of thread-local heaps.

No way! Neither for joke, please!

---
/P