On Friday, 6 March 2015 at 06:02:17 UTC, Taylor Hillegeist wrote:
-Widgets-
Personally I think that all layout items like HBar should be children of widget that way i can make more modular component, but that's just my opinion.

For user components, a UserControl is provided https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.usercontrol.aspx it can have layout inside and functionality focused on support for composite user components.

-layout-
I have a dream H/VBar + align/distribution/wrap options.

That's how GTK works. Layouts can be provided separately, anchors is the simplest one, boxes is the most flexible.

I don't have an opinion on thread safe guis.

If you really need it, you can incapsulate thread-safety in a ViewModel (MVVM), while View will remain single-threaded.