Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
language_fan wrote:
I admitted that later. Some of the keywords have a strong justification behind them. Others feel irritatingly unnecessary.

I would rather have many different specialized keywords than a few keywords with many different meanings. Its *much* easier to remember a large set of simple words than a small set of complex words.

Many of the keywords come from each basic type having its own keyword. Sure, it could be done like C does with "unsigned long", etc., but those were always hard to grep for.

Also, the complex and imaginary types will be removed at some point and replaced with a library type; there goes 6 keywords.