On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 17:31:56 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I was looking at easy installation of dmd on ubuntu, and found this:

http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/

Should we make it part of the official distribution?

We could try to host an apt and yum repo on dlang.org.
Might be simple to do, but it's not much better than the deb/rpm download we offer. It only gets interesting when we could land DMD in official repos, volunteering package maintainers are welcome and should please contact me. I hope we can sort out the redistribution part of the backend somehow.

We should include the few commands to install the packages on the download page.