On Sunday, 22 March 2015 at 17:05:27 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
I think there should be an option (even default on) to allow small
single line functions. (snip)

Perhaps it's too much to wish for, but I think the editor would be the better place for this. IntelliJ IDEA can display short methods as single line. They're still multiline in the source, but on screen they're nice. They used a similar thing with anonymous classes in Java prior to lambdas hitting the language, making single method anonymous classes look almost like the lambdas do today.