On Friday, 27 March 2015 at 19:44:10 UTC, CraigDillabaugh wrote:
That is a good point. Ideally when building a library all the 'examples' in the documentation should be built too to make sure they are still valid. Example code should be marked as such, extracted and run through the compiler with each new release. I seem to recall reading in places that some D resources (Ali's book perhaps) do this with their source code.

As things stand that would be a mark in favor of unittests.

D has documented unittests (they appear in the docs as if part of the Examples section). The only excuses for example code in Phobos to be untested are supposed to be that it is an incomplete fragment or that it is old code from before we had the feature.

 — David