On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 17:34:21 UTC, IgorStepanov wrote:
3. is(T: B) should raise an error if there are many ways to convert T to B.

I think this will cause future problems. How hard would it be to include at type algebra system? (being able to use &, |, etc on types... sort of Venn diagram'ish.

Also, is(T:B) should reflect what it means. Just because a dog can be classed many ways doesn't mean it's not a dog.

I realize that this makes things harder but is(T:B) raising an error if there are more than one conversion path just seems wrong. isonly(T:B) or whatever makes visual sense would be a better option IMO.