I have successfully built GDC on CubieBoard2 (Cubian) now.
I've rebuilt GDC on the G5 as well, using the same script.

I've used nano for making object.d and start.d, in order to avoid too many problems with character encoding. In addition, I've used hexdump -C <file>.d to verify that the text-files are actually the same, thus I think it's fairly safe to rule out character encoding problems.

GDC on Cubian works, while GDC on the G5 seems to fail.

I've attempted to see if I could find anything in the sources, by first doing a grep -R 'mismatched array lengths' *; however I think I got lost in expressions.c as I don't have a good overview.

As the main difference between my Mac and other platforms is that it's a Big Endian architecture, I expected to be able to find something in the scanner/parser, where it would perhaps be reading a 16-bit or 32-bit character 'buffer' and then bit-shifting the read characters to the right instead of reading byte-by-byte.

But looking at macro.c; I understand that such kind of optimizations are probably not used.

So are there any suggestions on enabling debug-code, which might give hints on what is going wrong ?