On Saturday, 4 April 2015 at 17:21:45 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 4/4/2015 3:45 AM, weaselcat wrote:
I really think you're barking up the wrong tree here - cuda is a closed proprietary solution only implemented by one vendor effectively cutting off
anyone that doesn't work with nvidia hardware.

That's right. On the other hand,

1. Nvidia hardware is pervasive, and CUDA has been around for many years. I doubt it is going away anytime soon.

2. It is little effort on our part to support it.

3. We'd have some co-marketing opportunities with Nvidia if we support it.

If NVIDIA wants full support for NPP, cuBLAS, and the myriad of libraries depending on the Runtime API then it's more effort.