On Saturday, 11 April 2015 at 10:24:53 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
I've done some preliminary work on a wiki page that attempts to convince C++ programmers who are on the fence about D, who need to know what D provides over C++11 and C++14.

http://wiki.dlang.org/Coming_From/C_Plus_Plus_WIP_article

I don't know if a Coming_From page is the right place for this kind of information. What is the target audience for Coming_From - programmers who are already learning D, or programmers who are investigating D to decide whether or not to try it? If the former, where should we place information for the latter?

Contributions to the page are very welcome. I think D's syntax is intuitive enough for C++ programmers that we can use commented D code examples. I could need some help filling up the sections and proposing new sections.

Thanks for doing this. Maybe link to Andrei's talks and articles (and Ali's book) on iterators and ranges.

Learning D vs investigating whether to try it is not such a binary choice because many people who try a language give up early. Maybe start with the selling points and have a second section below - 'here is how to do stuff'. Some examples, and links to other relevant material.