Dicebot:
I am pretty sure I remember people reporting running vibe.d on Raspberry Pi It is not checked by CI so things can break time to time, but in general it should work

Thanks.

So currently for me - running arch linux within a chroot under android on a oneplusone phone - gdc seems to work fine for hello world. ldc now compiles and links (thanks, dicebot) but gives me a bus error when I try to run the code. clang compiles the C equivalent fine and the code works. vibed default/hw app compiles under gdc and starts, but cannot listen on the port and segfaults.

it's possible it is an artefact of running linux within the chroot (although everything else I have tried works so far including vnc, python, numpy, etc) so will try on raspberry pi when I get around to ordering one (which may be some weeks).

at a tangent: I think it is an easy win to write up a small tutorial on developing simple apps in D on android. obviously the retail market is big, but there is opportunity for enterprise users - many people on the portfolio manager side in the investment world would love to be able to see key calculations on their phone. it doesn't need to be super-pretty; just seeing the results in a browser would be a big improvement over nothing.