Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructiona...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:mailman.159.1255130283.20261.digitalmar...@puremagic.com...
On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 11:33:35AM -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Humourous typo: Near the last page "online assembler" should be "inline
assembler". Thought it's true that online asm is forbidden too...
Ha ha, now that's some involuntary humor. Thanks, Don! Also thanks for
the patches that make the code in the book work :o).
Off topic, but one day a few years back, I did a quick hello world CGI
program in assembly just for laughs: http://arsdnet.net/cgi-bin/a.out

That's awesome :)

It really is, the code is really elegant too!

Speaking of things being implemented in unlikely langauges, ever see the high-precision PI computator written in MS batch?
http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Stupid-Coding-Tricks-A-Batch-of-Pi.aspx

I love the name of the site, it just screams funny.

You'd be amazed at how many web people were freaked out by the very idea!

Considering most of the "web developers" I've had the misfortune to work with, you'd be amazed just how unamazed I am at those reactions ;)

Same here, the worst code and "developers" I've seen were at jobs I had, from people straight out of computer science. I've seen code so backwards it made me want to bash my head on the nearest wall to ease the pain :)