On Thursday, 16 April 2015 at 12:01:48 UTC, w0rp wrote:
On Thursday, 16 April 2015 at 11:46:09 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
Some people - myself included - have already asked Brian to make DCD read the project's import paths from Dub or something. At first he claimed this is the editor's job - now he seems to be accepting the idea enough to accept a pull request - but he doesn't care about it enough to implement it himself.

I won't be doing it either, because Dutyl is already doing this job and feeding the import paths to DCD, I'm assuming the other editor plugins also have their solutions for that already, so you can count their maintainers out. You'll need someone new to have enough motivation to do it - someone who wants to develop a new editor plugin(or plugin for ymcd or https://github.com/quarnster/completion or other stuff like that) and is willing to contribute to DCD on the way.

A while back, I've looked a bit into integrating Dutyl with ycmd(http://forum.dlang.org/thread/qsvrvtpqrdvfujahk...@forum.dlang.org?page=2#post-ahwguxayeamrvdczlacu:40forum.dlang.org) and found out this connection is a waste of time, since I'll have to reimplement all the relevant parts in Python anyways so there is no point to make the semantic engine depend on Dutyl.

I had to do some work to get Syntastic, which I use for syntax checking in Vim, to get the import paths in there from dub. I actually raised an issue for dub recently requesting dub to get a command to ouptut the import paths for you. The discussion led to me bineg able to finish my program.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/issues/542

My program can be seen here.

https://github.com/w0rp/vim/blob/master/dub_paths.d

It looks like Dutyl currently handles this by applying eval to the result of 'dub describe', then doing the rest in VimL.

I might move to using Dutyl, as I am not currently running DScanner on my projects, and I think it's time that I did. Using DCD would also be nice, and having documentation on symbols would be nice. There is a way to implement this in Vim for mouse hovers. I'm not sure if Dutyl handles this already.

Dutyl doesn't support that mouse hovering feature that you want, and I don't have any plans to implement it, but if you want it you can implement it and send a PR.