On Thursday, 23 April 2015 at 15:29:37 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 4/23/15 10:40 AM, Shammah Chancellor wrote:

2) I saw a thread awhile ago where someone had posted an updated
implementation of the AA with benchmarks and showed that it was
substantially faster in all cases. I can't find the thread again --
what happened with this work?

There is a PR being discussed right now. Please take a look and chime in:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/1229

It would be interesting to know how the new AA performs in this test.

-Steve

At a slight tangent: is there a way to reserve capacity for an associative array? The obvious way does not seem to work.

I noticed also in a talk at nativecode (possibly by Herb Sutter) that C++ gives you the ability to tune almost any parameter of the associative array implementation in the standard library. (I'm not a C++ guy). Is this entirely spurious, or would it be helpful for D?

Laeeth.