On Sunday, 3 May 2015 at 05:49:52 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 5/2/15 10:00 PM, Meta wrote:
It seems like it'd be a lot cheaper and cleaner to just be able to alias
the parent method.

Yeh, that's the first solution that comes to mind. alias doesn't work here but of course we could change the language.

Also, it could probably be made a bit simpler with
opDispatch.

I'd have to see the code, but my intuition is that things could get quite a bit more hairy.

Andrei

IMO, using __traits and opDispatch is a fair bit cleaner, and I prefer the syntax of a mixin template to regular mixin.

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/d60498246577