On Tuesday, 5 May 2015 at 06:56:52 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 5 May 2015 at 08:39, Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

How about a -disable-tls option so that when there are no threads and thus no TLS, you can compile exising D code as-is. Otherwise you have to rewrite normal variables to __gshared everywhere (I actually have this
option in a ldc fork).

Configure GDC with --disable-tls --disable-threads to get the desired behaviour (disabling only TLS just makes codegen fallback to emulated
thread support).

I already have supplied those options in my toolchain.
But does anyone know if this is advisable when using FreeRTOS (or any other RTOS for that matter) ? -I'm asking, because I'm not using any RTOS myself, but there are loads of people who do.