On Thursday, 14 May 2015 at 20:06:55 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
To start the process off (because small beginnings are better than no beginning): what are the key features of processes vs threads one would need to bear in mind when designing such a thing? Because I spent the past couple of decades in a different field, multiprocessing passed me by, so I am only now slowly catching up.

"nobody" understands multiprocessing. Or rather… you need to understand the hardware and the concrete problem space first. There are no general solutions.