On Friday, 15 May 2015 at 17:01:26 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 5/15/15 9:44 AM, "Marc =?UTF-8?B?U2Now7x0eiI=?= <schue...@gmx.net>" wrote:
Ha! Two fools, one thought :-)

It's a nice idea but as Vladimir mentioned expand(), reallocate(), free() - all need now to worry about checking two singular values instead of one.

Since there's a long-established tradition that reallocate() and free() accept a null pointer, we can't (and probably shouldn't) change that. So I'm thinking in a way null as a singular value comes for "free".

Yes, and std.allocator is a new piece of software, which means we can choose what makes sense and don't need to worry about compatibility. It just needs to be clearly defined.