Don wrote:
Not so, Andrei has said that he thinks auto-flattening was a bad idea. And AFAIK, Walter doesn't disagree.

You should try harder, because if you don't change it soon, it will be there forever due to compatibility requirements.

Andrei and I, and almost everyone else, have tried to persuade Walter to remove the comma operator, but without success. But I doubt you'd be able to use it for tuples, because x, y = foo(); already has meaning in C and tuples would give it a different meaning. I'd LOVE to be proved wrong.

Wasn't the comma operator to be supposed to be important for automatic code generation?

Even if it is, you could just pick a different token to implement this operator. It doesn't have to be a comma, does it?

It is very difficult to change Walter's mind about many things, but despite what people say, it is not impossible.