I'm using nanomsg to communicate between various components (actually distributed across a number of computers) and my main event loops are waiting for a message. The reads are encapsulated in a class, so I guess I'll change from a recv to a poll and add a second channel to communicate when it is time to die. In the signal handler I can send a message and in the class, send a std.signal to end the thread and then clean up the main loop and exit. nn_poll is a c routine, so I should work comfortably in the handler.

I wish there was a more direct way to do this. Signals are a bread and butter aspect of the Linux architecture. I guess mangling is at the root of the problem.

Thank you.