Table a, b, c;

con.insert!Table(a);

if you use CTFE to create the statement string there is no reason to reuse it. it will be string literal, that's even better! Think Big. Think D

the other code is Java not D

The statement reuse with binding is primarily for performance and is important for many use cases.

I get that it looks like Java, but that's because it's wrapping around the familiar constructs of a database client API that similar across languages. Also, I think has the potential to be much better than JDBC with the deterministic resource management, variadic functions, and higher performance.

An independent query generation / ORM layer would be a nice complement though.

erik