On Thursday, 28 May 2015 at 14:38:51 UTC, Manu wrote:
I expect I'm not alone. Please share the absolute blockers preventing you from adopting D in your offices. I wonder if there will be common
themes emerge?

- Quality of ecosystem. It's relatively simple to run into an issue, that requires one to be a D expert to resolve (codegen bugs, ICEs, CTFE bugs, undecipherable error messages). Fairly problematic for learning the language, especially for people without C++ background.

- Lack of libraries. We're missing too many components and the fact that I'd have to write 3 libraries to realize a tiny project makes it particularly hard to get a foot in the door.

- Learning material. To much knowledge about D is implicitly shared among contributors and heavy users (e.g. local imports should be selective, or they might shadow symbols) making it harder to learn the language. Outdated information on dlang.org doesn't help either.