On Saturday, 30 May 2015 at 08:51:31 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Saturday, 30 May 2015 at 08:50:21 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
http://localhost/post/asvcbsvfcxznwypttojk@192.168.0.1

Sorry, working link: http://forum.dlang.org/post/asvcbsvfcxznwypttojk@192.168.0.1

We may say that AA!(K, V)* should be recognized as V[K] by compiler. However in this case we will found another problem: opIndexAssign will unable to allocate memory for the new AA instance, because it can't modify `this` pointer. Otherwise, implicit casting _from_ another type is a unsolvable task now. Please, remind, why we don't want to add possibility of implicit casting from another type (not as default constructor behaviour, of course)?
Something like

struct Foo
{
    int a;
    static Foo opImplicitConstructFrom(T)(T val) if(is(T : int))
    {
        return Foo(val);