But I do maintain that an ability to easily opt-out of dub's buildsystem *needs* to be built-in and should not *require* external tools (though external tools should certainly still be possible). And this is even more crucial if dub's to be bundled with dmd and rdmd (the latter of which dub currently does not play nicely with).

Maybe I can manage to get my code into dub, I don't know. I think it's extremely useful to separate concerns, which is why I started with something new instead of trying to add code to dub. Like I said before, for most people its build system is enough. When it's not, there's reggae (my tool). I hope, anyway.

The other reason is that I don't want to depend on dub. Maybe I have my priorities wrong, who knows.

Atila